Sunday, October 29, 2006

Back home

Three days in Singapore now. Arrived on the 27 from Bangkok where I stayed only one night in a little cheap hotel in Khao San area (450baht for single room with A/C and hot shower). I wanted to go to chinatown but all taxi that I asked didn't want to .. traffic they said. So, I opted for a better, faster, and lot cheaper way: boat...

Arrived in chinatown, it was surely trafficked! Found out later that they were holding a buddhist ceremony with dragon, barongsai and parade of people with incense..
After that I went to had some massage for my feet after the trekking in chiang mai. It was ok, but I think somehow in indonesia we have also good and better massage..



The Gallery Hotel (www.galleryhotel.com.sg) is a really nice hotel, but unfortunately quite a problem with public transport.. Nevertheless, I enjoyed my stay here. I was thinking of spoiling myself at the end of trip before heading home and I really have :)
Met up with Kwang, Lawrence and the gang (which I had met in Bangkok) and going out with some friends of them. Well, I did some shopping also in Orchard, and I was really surprised hearing more people speaking indonesian than sing-lish... A salesgirl in the giordano told me that sometimes some Indonesian bought like a hundred (hyperbolic maybe??) t-shirt and re-sell them in Indonesia....

No comments: