Saturday, October 21, 2006

Morally Low

It's the third week on my trip, and during this trip never I feel so morally low than now. I don't know exactly why but maybe one of the cause is that I've been "running" in the last week, starting from Saigon all the way here to Siem Reap and that's really tiring...
Moreover, I'm feeling like not having much to do here or to see. Well, yes there's the Angkor Temples but it's nothing new actually for Indonesian. Not only Indonesians, but this morning I met a couple who's living in Indonesia (one is belgium in yogya for years, and another one norwegian in aceh) and we shared the same feeling hahahha ...

They said, "hmm another borobudur?".. But apart from the temple, actually cambodian is really really similar to indonesia.. The people, the landscape, the surroundings, and (somehow) the food, etc which is maybe why I feel kind of bored..It's kinda funny though that I hardly meet ANY indonesian during my trip and here in cambodia I actually meet two foreigners who's living in Indonesian and we were talking in Indonesian.
I've tried ice cream, eating in a nice place to "cure" my tiredness, but only temporarily worked..

Tomorrow morning I'm leaving to Bangkok, already booked the taxi. It's just crazy, because normally taxi to the border cost somewhere like US$35, and this time it's US$60!... The hotel found one taxi and one passenger so I could share it, US$30 each. From the border I could take the bus (1st class which is faster) to the bus station in bangkok, total would cost me like US$50..
Actually there's a flight from Phnom Penh to Bangkok, but it's a morning flight (8 a.m.) and I dont think I want to spend one more night in Phnom Penh again, plus with it's around US$60 for the ticket and another 25 for the airport tax..

Anyway the plan for tonight is to go see the Dr. Beatocello performing free concert of Bach's cello pieces and his own composition. It's free but any donation received will go to the children's hospital here in Siem Reap.

Cambodia is expensive my friend, more expensive than I thought... Vietnam or Laos is much cheaper. Even bangkok..

Looking forward in thailand. Hope Chiang Mai would somehow "cure" me...

No comments: