Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Trekking again!

I started my trip with a day trip in Luang Prabang which was a really enjoyable and good one. At the end of my trip, I signed up for another trip to the northern Thailand too and it was not a bad one either. It's a two-days trip with sleeping in a tribe village.

There were 7 people on this trip (not 4 like the first one), me, two american ladies and 4 french. Before going to the track, we stopped by a market in case someone need something. I bought a bag of steamed peanuts and some boiled sweet potatoes (ubi rebus) and continued to the elephant ride :-). There were actually a lot of them, and two of us would take one elephant for the ride. It was great! My elephant's called "noi" and she was a young elephant, full of powers and liked to speed up :-) so we would actually pass other elephants who were slow. Noi actually finished the peanut and I bought also 20baht of banana and gave them to her. At first I thought that it'd be such a pity for them having us on her back. But at the end I think she (they) actually enjoyed it.. Well, no confirmation provided for that :-)

Anyway, we then went to a short lunch (fried rice) and started the trek.. It was quite long actually, around 2 hours before we arrived at the waterfall. BIG ONE!.. the water was really cold and the current was strong.. we didn't do much of swimming though we would've loved to, and we just hung around a big rock where we could have a grip.. The current was just too strong and dangerous. After that, another 1.5 hours trek and we arrived at the Karen Village. The trip itself was a really good one, with all walking in the middle of the jungle, fresh air..

It was already a bit dark (around 6pm) and so we arranged our things, and just resting there. After a while, they served the dinner (rice, vegetables, potates with chicken in coconut milk, and cucumber soup) and it was really good considering all the trek we have done today.
Later on, the guide (we had two, Nu who walked in front of us and eddy-behind), Nu offered a card games while bringing along a bottle of chiang mai rice wines. hmmm...
Well, in short, I ended up being the one who lost the most, and got a little bit drunk and face covered with black ashes hahahha..
But it was so enjoyable and we continued to chat a bit in front of the fire with sky filled with stars. Lots lots lots of them. Haven't seen so many stars in quite a long time... It was quite a funny conversation though, Gioelle was talking to barbara in french as she didn't speak english and barbara would laugh a bit and at the end said, "Ooh, I wish I could understand you.."
But Silver and Ellen (the girlfriend), and giolle's sister, Christine, spoke english. They even taught me a bit of french, which was cool!..

Spending the night (surprisingly without mosquito!) altogether in a 1 room wooden house with no electricity, only mosquito net and a blanket. I couldn't really sleep well actually, not because that it's a bad place to sleep but because it was TOO cold!.. I had my body covered with 2 blankets but my nose was freezing........
I woke up in the morning at 6.45. Tina was already awoke and we just waited there until they served the breakfast at 8.30. We just didn't know what to do! hahahahhaha....

At 9.30 we hit the road once again and this time we're heading for the better waterfall in which we could swim. Stopped by a school where we played a bit of sepak takraw (my first!) and at around 11 o'clock we arrived.. Such a nice place! Water is cool of course, but calm and not deep and we actually had a natural water massage under the waterfall!! NICE!!!!!...

To make it short, we then took another trekking. This time was harder as we were all hungry!!! Made it finally at the end and had a pad-thai for lunch. Not very nice..
Then there we went to the 1 hour bambo rafting on the river. Can't describe how fun it was!.....

At night we also promised to meet up to have some dinner and we took the opportunity to taste the Chiang Mai's signature dish: Khuay Soi. It's a egg-noodle with chicken in curry. When I arrived actually I had also a taste of the same noodle but from different food stall, and this one that I had tonight was just divine, a real treat, 25baht.


Tomorrow I'm heading to Bangkok, spending one night and the day after, to Singapore!
Holiday is ending...!

No comments: